The JournalismAI Festival is a celebration of the most exciting developments at the intersection of journalism and artificial intelligence.
This session, “Bridging AI Ethics and Journalistic Standards,” focused on how to bridge AI ethics and journalistic standards by discussing the importance of documentation in ethical AI systems, offering examples of how to go about documentation, and proposing ways to reconcile competing objectives between AI transparency and journalistic practice.
- Christine Custis, Head of ABOUT ML & Fairness, Transparency, and Accountability, Partnership on AI
- Jiyoo Chang, Research Fellow, Partnership on AI
- Tess Jeffers, Director of Data Science, The Wall Street Journal
- Jonathan Stray, Visiting Scholar, Berkeley Center for Human-Compatible AI
- Adriana Stephan, Program Lead for AI and Media Integrity, Partnership on AI