Organized by The Associated Press – Local News AI
AP’s Local News AI is a two-year initiative helping U.S. local newsrooms identify and adopt artificial intelligence-based solutions. The Local News AI initiative is made available by the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation. Learn more about AP’s work in advancing AI across the news industry.
Tools such as ChatGPT and DALL-E are a wake-up call for newsrooms about the rewards and risks of artificial intelligence capabilities. Join this expert panel to learn about the technology behind these tools, how newsrooms might take advantage of them and what to look out for as the industry begins to grapple with the emerging potential around Generative AI.
Whether you’re adept at GPT3 or just want to know where to begin on the topic of Generative AI, this webinar is for you.
The panel will be moderated by AP’s Local News AI Program Manager Aimee Rinehart and includes:
- Nicholas Diakopoulos, professor at Northwestern University
- Yifan Hu, tech designer at Schibsted
- Claire Leibowicz, head of AI and Media Integrity at Partnership on AI
- Miranda Marcus, head of BBC News Labs
- Hank Sims, editor at Lost Coast Communications Inc.
- Edward Tian, GPTZero author, journalist and Princeton University student
Facilitated by AP’s Local News Artificial Intelligence initiative with support from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation.REGISTER
Head of AI and Media Integrity